Monday, July 6, 2015

Classroom Decor- Monday Made It

My New Classroom Decor 

Monday Made-It

July 6, 2015


This Monday Made-It is all about my classroom decor!  I am so excited about sharing this with you and I will have more to share in the future!  I can't wait to decorate my classroom with my 80's theme, but you may find some inspiration with your theme!

My classroom has desks (I would prefer tables), but we don't have the space and the students have to be separated during state testing.  Anyways, I like to cluster my students.  My goal last year was to have the students in groups with supply caddies and storage drawers.  That didn't happen, so I am hoping that matching decor will help me stay organized!

I bought these fan decorations from Party City.  I tell you what, this was a challenge!  I had to search several aisles before I could find what I was looking for and then I had to stand on the shelves to reach it (barely)!  I love that there are 5 and they are each different colors.


Next, I needed some signs that I could put on the fans.  I found a lot of items from The Teaching Sweet Shoppe that coordinate with my 80's theme.  I found these team signs and knew they would be perfect.  I printed 2 copies of each #s 1-5.  I didn't think about the fact that they would be a large size, so I had to do some trimming, but it all worked out well!


I then laminated and cut them out.  I fired up the hot glue gun and put a little glue in the middle and adhered them to the paper fans.  


PURE AWESOMENESS!



I also made the labels for my supply caddies.  I found these supply caddies at the Target Dollar Spot and these labels are from The Teaching Sweet Shoppe file mentioned above.


Okay, so I know I said this is all about my classroom decor, but I just finished up a new product, so I have to share it with you!
For my last Monday Made-It, I created a new product for the TPT Seller Challenge, Week 3!  Since I will be teaching a 3/4 split next year, I need some products that my 3rd graders can use!  I decided to make a Place Value Task Card set, but here is the kicker!  It's a Mix 'N Match version!  The task cards come in color and black/version, so you can print what you want for your class!  The students will need to convert from word form and expanded form to standard (number) form.  You can use the task cards as 2 different sets or mix 'n match the task cards.  Either way the answer will be the same!  


Here is an example:



This set will be on sale 50% until July 7th at 12PM, EST!  Don't delay, grab yours today!  Click here or on the picture above to be taken to the product!


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Monday Made-It!  Make sure to check the other makers at Fourth Grade Frolics!



6 comments:

  1. Your theme is so much fun! Two years ago I made "mix tape" nametags for B2S...the parents got a kick out of them! :)
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table fans, so cute! I wanted to do something like that, but I used to have 6 tables (which is perfect) but now I'm up to 7 or 8. Too many tables unfortunately. I like having 6 sets of everything not 7 or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is an 80's theme! I have a rockstar theme and have records, cd's and a disco ball hanging from the ceiling. Of course the kids never know what any of them are. Love how you did the fans. Those are my colors...except it's missing purple.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table signs! Makes me miss being able to hang things! I can't wait to see your classroom come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright colors and how you color coordinate the tables. We have new fire rules and can't hang anything!

    mybrightbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your table group signs. I have something similar but made toile puff balls and my signs hang down from them. I think the 80s theme is so fun! I hope you share pictures of your classroom once you get it all decorated.
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete