I was on Bloglovin' and I came across a new link-up (at least new to me), titled 3-2-1 Teacher Bio. I was enjoying reading and learning about other teachers, so I decided it would be fun to participate! Hang on to your hats!
1. This will be my second year in the classroom. I spent my first four years as a media specialist at the same school. Due to budget cuts and retirements, I was moved to the classroom. It had been 8 years since I had been in the classroom and boy had things changed! My first year went really well...see second about the teacher me
2. My first year back in the classroom was a success. Of course, being the regular me, I started thinking about how I could improve and make things even better for the next year. I was speaking to the principal one day, and she asked if I would be willing to accept the nomination for our school's Teacher of the Year award. JAW DROP! I think if that is something I can achieve my first year back in the classroom, I can only imagine how well I can do next year!
3. Over plan...I'm sure I am not alone in this. I wanted to do so much with my students that I would spend a lot of time planning and having lots of activities for us to complete. We were not able to complete everything by the end of the year, but I feel that my students were successful and they worked really hard!
1. I love to read! Now that I've said that, I feel like I am not reading enough. My boyfriend knows that when I am reading, other things do not exist. I get wrapped up in my reading and often read before I go to sleep, because it takes me to other places and I do not have my thoughts consuming my brain! It makes sense that I have a Masters in Library & Information Science!
2. I am extremely OCD! I do not like when things are out of place. This definitely makes me very organized! Again, my boyfriend knows this about me, so he often consults with me before putting things away! ;-)
I wish, I wish, I wish! I have a friend that lives there with her husband (military) and I am jealous every time I see pictures on Facebook! I have always wanted to travel to Italy and cannot wait until I actually get to go! Pasta and wine...where can you go wrong?!
There's just a snippet about me! Feel free to participate! Thank you to Learning in Wonderland for hosting this link-up! Go and check out others!