Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Change is Coming...

Well, I have some bittersweet news!  Due to budget constraints and a hiring freeze, I have been removed from the media center and moved to a classroom.  I have really enjoyed working in the media center and will truly miss my time there BUT I am thrilled to be going back to the classroom!  I will be in the 4th grade and have spent the past few weeks blog stalking , I mean researching for my new classroom!

I am going to have to spend quite a bit of money to go back into the classroom.  I have already purchased a lot of books! Luckily I know the teacher that retired, so she left a lot of stuff in the classroom for me to browse through.  If there are any 4th grade teacher bloggers out there that can help me, please give me pointers and resources that you have found useful!

My first question is this...I am interested in incorporating Daily 5 into the classroom.  However, our corporation uses basal readers, so I am still trying to figure out how that would work.  Also, I am loving the idea of Interactive Note Books, so more information on that would be great as well!

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Hi April. I'm just checking out the other bloggers in the upcoming book study. Looking forward to it!

    I have used the Daily 5 with a basal in both first and second grade. This last year I used Mondays as an intro day and didn't do any rounds that day. It worked pretty well. And I'm starting interactive notebooks this year. Can't wait to give them a try!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I am looking forward to incorporating Daily 5 and interactive notebooks.

    ReplyDelete