Monday, January 20, 2014

Goals for the 2013-2014 School Year

 Every year I tell myself to make some goals.  This year, I have decided to write them down, or type, so that I can actually try to achieve the goals.

  1. Make myself more available to students and teachers.  Each year, I feel like I have to tell students and teachers that I have other groups in the library, so don't interrupt.  I feel like I am being mean, even though I am required to see these groups.  We have a new principal this year, my 3rd in 4 years, so I have already met with her about this topic.  Hopefully we will be able to work together to make the library/media center more available.
  2. Keep up on cataloging and processing books.  I feel like this is always the last thing on my to do list.  I have a shelf full of books that need to be cataloged. I found out that I am running on an old version of the circulation system, so getting that updated is first.  I have already contacted my building tech to help with this issue.
  3. Incorporate more technology into my lessons.  Congratulations to me!  I finally have a Smart Board!  Now I just have to figure out how to use it and implement it with my lessons.  I have already created one for my Shelf Elf lesson plan.
  4. Continue writing grants for technology.  Last year I worked closely with a parent (our now president of the parent association) and we received $1,000 for new iPads.  We were able to purchase 3 with these funds.  We now have 5 iPads available for use.  I will make sure to incorporate these into the lessons, as well.
I think this will be a good start to my goals for this school year.  If I achieve these goals, then I can work on more goals for next year.  I will keep you posted on how I am doing this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment